Member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee and Human Resources and Remuneration Committee
Ms. Marie McDonald was appointed to the CSL Board in August 2013.
Skills and experience:
Ms McDonald has significant executive and non-executive experience in a number of sectors including law, medical research, manufacturing and chemicals. Through these roles, Ms McDonald brings experience and insight on financial markets, risk and compliance, and change management.
Ms McDonald is a former lawyer with over 30 years’ experience in the legal sector. She was previously a partner of Ashurst, specialising in mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. She held the role of National Head of Mergers and Acquisitions and was Chair of the Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and a Member of the Australian Takeovers Panel for nine years.Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Director of Nanosonics Limited (since October 2016)
- Director of The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (since October 2016)
- Director of Nufarm Limited (since March 2017)
- Member of Melbourne University Law School Foundation Board (since October 2021)
- Member of the Law Committee of the AICD (since March 2023)
- Member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Member of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee