The largest plasma fractionation facility in the Southern Hemisphere, the plant manufactures biotherapies that treat rare and life-threatening conditions including immunodeficiencies, neurological disorders, shock and burns. The facility processes domestic plasma from Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia donor plasma, in addition to plasma sourced commercially through CSL Plasma. CSL Behring Broadmeadows is also home to a cell-culture biotechnology manufacturing plant that uses biotech processes to grow non-human genetically engineered cells that are purified into therapies for patients.
We Are CSL
Reimagining, Reinventing and Reinspiring
Since day one our intense passion to relentlessly innovate has never been stronger. From developing treatments that save and improve lives to developing vaccines that protect them, we are a global presence. Daring and caring and never stopping in our pursuit, we know every frontier conquered leads to a new range to be climbed. For us there are no boundaries, only moving forward. Always. We are CSL and we are driven by our promise.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of lifesaving medicines, including those that treat hemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives using the latest technologies. Today, CSL – including our three businesses, CSL Behring, CSL Seqirus and CSL Vifor – provides lifesaving products to patients in more than 100 countries and employs 30,000 people.
Areas of Expertise
We focus and demonstrate global leadership in three distinct areas—rare and serious diseases; influenza vaccines; and iron deficiency and nephrology.
Rare & Serious Diseases
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by our promise to save lives. Focused on serving patients' needs by using the latest technologies, we discover, develop and deliver innovative therapies for people living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas.
As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, CSL Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. CSL Seqirus utilizes egg, cell and adjuvant technologies to offer a broad portfolio of differentiated influenza vaccines in more than 20 countries.
Iron Deficiency & Nephrology
With our iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia expertise in heart failure, kidney disease, gastroenterology or inflammatory bowel disease, patient blood management and women’s health, we help patients affected by these conditions to live better, healthier lives.
CSL’s strong commitment to living our Values has guided us for many decades. Our Values have been fundamental to our success -- helping us to save lives, protect the health of people, and earn our reputation as a trusted and reliable global biotechnology leader. They’re at the core of how our employees interact with each other, make decisions and solve problems. They are:
Make People and Patients Your Passion
- See patients as people first.
- Show up wholeheartedly for everyone we serve.
- Deliver on our promises today for a healthier world tomorrow.
Reach for the Unreachable
- Reimagine. Reinvent. Reinspire.
- Understand the needs of others and proactively meet them.
- Learn from every hurdle, advance with different approaches.
- Stay nimble as we relentlessly pursue what’s next.
Walk Your Talk
- Live our values through ethical actions.
- Strive to do right for people and the planet.
- Respect others the way you want to be respected.
- Assume good intentions to create an atmosphere of trust.
- Debate openly. Unite quickly and decisively.
- Work together, have fun together, win together.
- Stay humble in your work and proud in our purpose.
- Activate the collective power of people; the best can come from anyone and anywhere.
Make Yourself Proud
- Turn imagination into action and action into results.
- Ask yourself, “How can this be better?” and follow through.
- Celebrate each other for reaching beyond.