- Dafna Groeneveld, Michigan State University – USA
Novel hemostatic supplementation to prevent post-operative liver failure after partial hepatectomy
- Pieter Sloos, Amsterdam University Medical Centers – The Netherlands
The role of ADAMTS13 in trauma-induced hyperfibrinolysis
- Steven Grover, University of North Carolina – USA
Evaluating the anticoagulant activity of C1 esterase inhibitor (C1INH) in venous thrombosis
- Daniëlle Meijer, Radboud University Medical Center – The Netherlands
Phenotypical differences between carriers of von Willebrand disease type 3 and von Willebrand disease type 1 patients
- Iris van Moort, Erasmus University Medical Center – The Netherlands
Orchestrating all hemostatic components in an in-vitro bleeding model to unravel the inter-individual treatment responses of patients with von Willebrand’s disease
Professor Heimburger Award
Professor Dr. Norbert Heimburger, a CSL employee for over three decades, was a pioneer of modern coagulation therapy. Among his many achievements, Prof. Dr. Heimburger developed virus-safe plasma products based on pasteurization, including launching the first effectively virus-inactivated FVIII concentrate in 1981.
In his honor, CSL created the Heimburger Award to recognize the clinical and/or preclinical research of emerging coagulation specialists who are driven to improve the care of patients with bleeding disorders. Read our newsletter.