- Romein Dujardin, Amsterdam University Medical Centers – The Netherlands
The role of fibrinogen in disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Ellie Karampini, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland – Ireland
Terminal sialylation as a novel regulator of VWF biosynthesis and intracellular trafficking in endothelial cells
- Emma Leitinger, Monash Health – Australia
Comparability of anti-Xa assessments using alternate calibration curves in patients receiving rivaroxaban and apixaban therapy
- Chiara Suffritti, Fondazione IRCCS Cà Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico – Italy
Phenotypic variability in hemophilia: role of miRNAs
- Claudia Tersteeg, KU Leuven Campus Kulak Kortrijk – Belgium
Mitochondrial regulation of procoagulant platelet formation
Professor Heimburger Award
Professor Dr. Norbert Heimburger, a CSL employee for over three decades, was a pioneer of modern coagulation therapy. Among his many achievements, Prof. Dr. Heimburger developed virus-safe plasma products based on pasteurization, including launching the first effectively virus-inactivated FVIII concentrate in 1981.
In his honor, CSL created the Heimburger Award to recognize the clinical and/or preclinical research of emerging coagulation specialists who are driven to improve the care of patients with bleeding disorders. Read our newsletter.