Independent Non-executive Director
Dr Megan Clark AC has been a Director of CSL Limited since February 2016.
Skills and experience
Dr Clark has significant executive and non-executive experience across a broad range of sectors including scientific research, health, investment banking and financial services, education and mining. Through her roles, Dr Clark brings a broad strategic perspective and global experience, with a focus on risk and proven health, safety and environment and technology performance.
Dr Clark was Chief Executive of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) from 2009 until November 2014. Prior to joining CSIRO, she was a Director at NM Rothschild and Sons (Australia) and held senior positions at BHP, including Vice President Technology and Vice President Health, Safety and Environment.Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Director of Rio Tinto Limited and Rio Tinto Plc (since November 2014)
- Member of the Australian Advisory Board and Global Advisory Board of the Bank of America Merrill Lynch (since July 2010)
- Member of Council of Monash University Council (since April 2015)
- Head of the Australian Space Agency (since June 2018)
- Former Director of Care Australia Limited (from May 2015 to June 2020).
- Chair of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee
- Member of the Corporate Governance and Nomination Committee
- Member of the Innovation and Development Committee