Chair and Independent Non-executive Director
Director of CSL Limited since February 2018 and Chair from October 2018.
Skills and experience
Dr McNamee has deep executive experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a focus on strategy and creating long-term shareholder value. Dr McNamee has a broad global perspective and understanding of long-term capital projects in the pharmaceutical industry, with proven health, safety, environment and corporate responsibility.
Dr McNamee was the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of CSL from 1990 until 2013. Since leaving his executive role at CSL, Dr McNamee has served as a Senior Advisor to private equity group Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. He has also pursued a number of private equity and interests in small cap healthcare companies, and in 2014 served on the panel of the Australian Government’s Financial System Inquiry. In 2009, he was made an Officer of the Order of Australia for service to business and commerce.Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Chair of Geoff Ogilvy Foundation (since May 2021)
- Former Chair of GenesisCare (from July 2019 to June 2022)
- Member of the Corporate Governance and Nomination Committee
- Member of the Securities & Market Disclosure Committee
- Member of the Innovation and Development Committee