Independent Non-executive Director
Mr Abbas Hussain has been a Director of CSL Limited since February 2018.
Skills and experience:
Mr Hussain has executive experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and deep biotechnology industry insight. Through his executive and non-executive roles, Mr Hussain has a broad global perspective and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, product development, risk, health, safety, environment and corporate responsibility.
Mr Hussain was the Global President, Pharmaceutical at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) serving from 2008 to late 2017, where he managed a global pharmaceutical and vaccine business across 150 markets including the US, Europe, Japan and emerging markets. Before GSK he held senior roles with global responsibilities at Eli Lilly.Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Director of Cochlear Limited (since December 2018)
- Senior Advisor on the Advisory Board of CellResearch Corporation (since August 2017)
- Senior Advisor at C-Bridge Capital (since October 2017)
- Former Director of ViiV Healthcare Limited (from October 2009 to July 2017)
- Former Director of Immunocore Limited (from May 2017 to June 2020)
- Member of the Innovation and Development Committee
- Member of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee